Day 3- You can do it! Paleo, work and fitness



Hello everyone!

So the hubby and I are in week three of the Paleo diet. I was recently asked what the Paleo diet is?

To start, the Paleo diet is also known as Primal eating and The Caveman diet. Many believe it is similar to the Keto diet. I am not as familiar with Keto. I have been digging deep into Paleo since I heard about it. Paleo just made sense and clicked with my fitness back ground. Paleo is based on how our ancestors would have been eating int he Paleolithic era. Paleo eating is basically low carb (no starchy carbs or grains) no processed foods, cutting out legumes, vegetable oils and sugars. What do you eat? High fat, lots of veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, pickled foods for gut health and bone broth for joints and gut health.

I am finally starting to come out of the, "low Carb flu". The low carb flu is basically what happens when you stop eating all those starchy carbs and go from a sugar burner to a fat burner. Your body still wants those carbs and you may get headaches or feel low energy while your body adjusts. I was one of those people. I watched a documentary recently that stated the average athlete takes about 4 weeks to get their full energy back. I am happy to report mine is back! I was working today and an associate I hadn't seen in awhile made comment about the weight lose I have recently had and how I look like I'm, "glowing". That made my day. Especially since the last time I saw her was one of those bad hair, bad skin and feeling bloated days, lol. So its paying off. I was also able to go back to my Jui Jitsu class. Yeah! That felt great. I'm still one of the slowest but I can finally sit on my knees again, lol. Something only other soon to be fifty year olds could appreciate. So Paleo eating is paying off.

Its never to late. So many people just give up and have the, "its no use" attitude. Ladies its not to late! We can get fit again. We can lose the weight or feel good about ourselves or get energy back, whatever it is you need. You just have to start and not beat yourself up along the way. I am proof. I was depressed, ill, stressed, all the above. I went to a therapist and he said I needed to get back out and make friends. I said how am I supposed to do that? My husband and I  were barely even talking. I work full time I'm tired, I'm stressed. Who is going to want to be around me? He told me to join a meet up group and do something you like. I was at the point that I wasn't even sure what that was anymore. So like my wacky self I thought well I have always loved Ultimate Fighting and I need to loose this extra 35 pounds so why not, lol.

I told my husband and he laughed at me, "Isn't meet up a hook up?" I told him join me then. That didn't happen but I found something I loved! I am laughing as I recall my first evening after my Jui Jitsu class and I couldn't move my arms!!! But I did it!!! This first step ultimately led me to feeling better and then discovering Paleo and cooking with my hubby!

Thanks for reading and have a fabulous day!

Wendee-




     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog