"My baby is gone!"

"I don't care how old you are or that you are a Marine your still my baby and I worry". Yep, I said those words to my 6'1 Marine who is 21 years old. I know he is not a baby obviously but, I worry about him as if he is. Now having said these words to my baby girl of 5.3 and 18 years old was when I got the reality check. My little 100 lb baby girl turned around and looked up at me and said, "mom, I know you worry about me but, if you hadn't done such a good job I wouldn't be able to be out on my own". Wow! A compliment and a slap at the same time. I did such a good job she is gone. I cried, yep just like a baby a big ugly cry.
      When your children leave either for good or just for college or military training its not easy. In fact it sucks big time. On the bright side you can keep an open communication with them and LEARN to appreciate the good side. Like when you see them succeed! Or when they come to you for advice. My son left for first time for college right out of high school from Texas to Tennessee. That was so hard, he was so young and all the way in another state. What was even harder was when he drove home for Thanksgiving by himself. Oh! I was up all night worried. He would call me every few hundred miles when he stopped for gas. Funny, he just tried to use that experience on me by saying, "Mom, you shouldn't worry when I don't come home at night, I have driven across the U.S. by myself." Huh! I told him as long as he lives in my house I will worry if your not home when I get up. TOTALLY REASONABLE. He text me the next time he wasn't going to be home 😊.
      Now my baby girl decided to move out based on the house rules. That's a hard one to live with. The ultimatum. Fortunately, we have a wonderful love for each other. We decided (my husband and I) that we needed to make sure in our daughters case that she knew just because she made this decision doesn't mean we stop loving her and she can always come home. Oh, was that a hard day. Fortunately we get to see and talk with our baby girl often, it brings joy to my heart every time I see her. My husband and I pray for our children every day.
   
The cons: worry, not seeing their faces everyday, not getting the hugs, not feeling as involved

The Pros: watching them succeed, making the most of every moment with them, saving money on electricity! Private time with the hubby😲 (we will talk about this another time)

Have a fabulous day and leave some comments

       
                                                                                                         


Wendee-

Dedicated to Aunt Andy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog